Mentors

Everyone needs a mentor. I got one. He is smart, seasoned (that how you say old these days I think), worldly, beyond plain rich and has an open door for me even with a global hectic schedule (his not mine...). Today we met again in his towering New York office. It's a once-twice a year event that takes place in all corners of the world depending on our current locations. Told him about my life in this mad city, about the challenges of work, the roller-coaster days and nights. Told him of my new carrier ideas, of thinking of taking a new route in life. As always he didn't make judgment, didn't say what is right or wrong, just gave me a piercing look and asked me to take my time. Answers will come and many opportunities will knock. Just take your time.
We have met many years ago when as a college student I received a scholarship given by him to an Israeli that will attend that specific program. Ever since he was a presence and a gentle guide in this cactus' stormy journey through life. At the age of 70 he lost his wife and partner of countless years and today for the first time he seemed a little tired, a little sad. I wish I knew a way to help. Thank you my mentor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Gays in Iran

Gay Tel Aviv

Craigslist Scams